The Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Arts (AACTA) has announced the nominees for its technical awards, with Baz Luhrmann’s ELVIS leading the charge in film, nominated in all nine categories. Catherine Martin is also up for both the production and costume design gongs for Elvis.
This year’s AACTA Awards are to be held in Sydney December 7. The full list of AACTA nominations received by ELVIS:
- Best Casting - Elvis – Nikki Barrett, Denise Chamian
- Best Cinematography in Film - Elvis – Mandy Walker
- Best Costume Design in Film - Elvis – Catherine Martin
- Best Editing in Film - Elvis – Matt Villa, Jonathan Redmond
- Best Hair and Makeup - Elvis – Jason Baird, Mark Coulier, Louise Coulston, Shane Thomas
- Best Original Score in Film - Elvis – Elliott Wheeler.
- Best Production Design in Film - Elvis – Catherine Martin, Karen Murphy, Beverley Dunn
- Best Sound in Film - Elvis – David Lee, Wayne Pashley, Andy Nelson,
- Best Visual Effects or Animation - Elvis – Tom Wood, Fiona Crawford, Julian Hutchens, Joshua Simmonds, Adam Hammond