Perhaps the starting prices were too high but the majority of the Elvis items at the 'Gotta Have Rock and Roll' Auction were passed in - or got lowish bids.
- The "Million Dollar Quartet" Sun Studio Piano (1950-1960) - did not sell.
The Sun Records’ studio piano,a vintage 1949 Wurlitzer spinet with serial number 387912 that was played by a stellar rock and roll list of “who’s who” including Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Ike Turner, Phineas Newborn, Jr., Charlie Rich and many more. The piano was used on many of Memphis’ 1950’s Sun Records classics.
Minimum offer was $700,000 - but got no bids.
- Elvis Presley and Sam Phillips Signed 1954 Sun Records Contract (shown below)
Hoped for $100,000 but sold for $52,000
- Elvis Owned & Worn Brown Suede Fringe Concho Belt
Minimum bid was $4,000 did not sell
- Elvis Stage Worn 14kt Gold Diamond Cluster Ring - (shown in news item below)
Hoped for $15,000 - sold for $11,000
- Elvis “Double Trouble” Film Promotion Used Guitar sold for $28,000
- An Elvis Presley "EP” Triangular Guitar Pick, a neat collector's item sold for $1,200